May be we can start new topic about bug fixing and release strategy.
Two examples:

1. Database corruption (http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-5392) that I was reported 06/Nov/16, release contain this fix was available 22-Mar-2017 2. Server crash (http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-5562) that was reported 07/Jun/17 will be released Q3-Q4 2017

Because of 1 we have to downgrade to 2.5 and till now, no stable release available.

Now we using FB2.5 for production and development. For testing we are using FB3.

Back to original topic, I don't believe that is right time to drop support for FB2.5.

But library can contain FB3 specific things, contributors are welcome.

Slavek