I was working on the wireprotocol documentation and had some PDF
rendering issues. So I looked at the toolset for building documentation,
and I noticed that some of it is rather dated (for example the
docbook-xsl and Apache FOP).

In my local copy I have replaced docbook-xsl and FOP with the latest
version. I haven't looked closely at all output yet, but apart from
higher memory requirements and more verbose logging it seems to work.

I didn't fully solve the rendering issue that triggered this, but it
looks like some of the custom XSLs may need some tweaking.

I will do some more testing, but is it ok if I replace the files on
firebirdsql.org (ALLJARS.ZIP and docbook-stylesheets.zip)?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel