all these can run on a secured bastion host, a cheap intel system, covers
your cost issue:

ipf

iptables

ipchains

all can deal with a third leg.  all require some training/understanding of
their setup and rules design, ipf seems to have rules that look alot like
IOS code.  All can handle NAT.  Others will mention more possible
solutions.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Richard Ginski wrote:

> Please forgive me for the question, but, I don't see it in the archives.
> Our organization is looking for an appliance firewall solution that
> includes an extra port. In other words, a minimum of 3 ports. Each of
> the 3 ports must be capable of processing firewall rules. The third port
> would be for a DMZ or "Service Net" (having its own set of rules). The
> problem I am running into is that would be for a small office (30 users
> or less), 3 ports,needs to be securely remotely configurable (via the
> Internet), needs to pass IPSEC traffic (does not have to do VPN just
> pass the traffic)and inexpensive ($1000 - $2000) I am aware of the many
> "types" of firewalls (stateful inspection, etc). "Types of firewalls"
> are not my problem right now. I can't seem to find 1 firewall that meets
> our other needs. My problem is, given our needs, finding firewalls that
> meet our cost requirement.Are there any such a devices?Please let me
> knowwhat. Thanks in advance for your help.

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.