On Mon, 20 May 2002, Richard Ginski wrote:

> Please forgive me for the question, but, I don't see it in the archives.
> Our organization is looking for an appliance firewall solution that
> includes an extra port. In other words, a minimum of 3 ports. Each of
> the 3 ports must be capable of processing firewall rules. The third port
> would be for  a DMZ or "Service Net" (having its own set of rules).  The
> problem I am running into is that would be for a small office (30 users
> or less), 3 ports, needs to be securely remotely configurable (via the
> Internet), needs to pass IPSEC traffic (does not have to do VPN just
> pass the traffic) and inexpensive ($1000 - $2000) .

Sounds like a Gnatbox (www.gnatbox.com).  If you can do <25 users, the
RoBox will do. If you want "semi-appliance" the GBflash plugs into a
dedicated PC (my personal fave. a couple NICs, case, motherboard and youre
off). Higher end full appliance is the GB1000.  The prices are in the
range your looking at, I think the GB1000 is a bit more. The software will
do all that you mentioned, and is the same (other than user limits) on all
of them.

We've used them for several years and been quite happy with them.

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281