Hi,

I also like to integrate Flex/Air parts of my project (JEE + Flex + Air) to
maven.
While i was investigating for a solution i found
https://github.com/yelbota/adt-maven-plugin but unfortunately it doesn't
fit my needs as i want to package a native extension.

So i decided to extend FM 6.x and add ane packaging support. It is now
working on my project and i also had to add native packaging support on air
part but needs a little more work to push it back to FM.

Anyway i 'm wondering if FM makes it the rigth way compared to yeltoba.
Indeed FM uses adt.jar internal classes to make air packaging whereas
yeltoba only makes calls to adt.
In the end FM have to write code that is already present in adt.jar and may
change in future versions of adt.
I know Chris wants to donate FM to Apache and rewrite some parts in the
same time so maybe air/ane packaging is also a great candidate to the
refactoring ;-)
Maybe i can help on this.

my 2cents

Le mercredi 23 janvier 2013 22:54:55 UTC+1, Asking Dumbquestions a écrit :

> Factually, I'm not certain of this:
>

>> The problem is that usually the Air Version is tightly coupled with the
>> flex version.
>>

> ...as we could customize the Flex sdk by overwriting the AIR files
> distributed within the Flex framework with the AIR sdk of your choice, etc.
>
> Moreover, Adobe has separated out the AIR sdk, so now you can compile AIR
> apps completely without the Flex framework.  As the future of AS3
> development will be probably mostly AIR related, my hope was that Maven
> support would continue in this direction.  As it appears that time is a
> constraint on future development of Flexmojos, I'd vote for petitioning
> someone like JetBrains to pick up the project to include the feature as
> part of Intellij: They are about the only company that seems to care to
> give AS3 development some industrial tools, and including robust Maven
> support for AIR would give their product further superiority over
> FlashBuilder!
>

> On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:28:43 AM UTC-5, Christofer Dutz wrote:
>>
>> The problem is that usually the Air Version is tightly coupled with the
>> flex version. So as far as I know it's usually not possible to build Air
>> applications with other versions than the one shipped with the FDK. The
>> mavenizer now did a first step to decouple this. Unfortunately I never
>> built any Air applications therefore I didn't put much effort into this.
>> Flexmojos currently doesn't support all of the things the Air FDK would
>> generally support. I think most was with bundling Air application to run as
>> native applications on mobile devices. This will not work no matter how
>> good I do the deployment of the FDK. Velo had his FM Enterprise for this,
>> but as far as I know this project is dead.
>>
>> What I am currently working on is a new plugin that will be built under
>> the hood of the Apache foundation. I doubt I will be adding new features to
>> FM, just fixing bugs that keep you guys from using FM.
>>
>> If you have any trouble with the Air support which works in FM3, FM4 or
>> FM5 it would be great if you could whip up a sample project and open an
>> Issue on https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/ and attach that project to the
>> issue. Then I could add this to the testsuite and work on getting the Air
>> support up to date. But keep in mind ... I'll only fix stuff that worked in
>> earlier versions of FM ... I will not implement native device support.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> 2013/1/22 Asking Dumbquestions <askingdum...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> @Piergiorgio Niero
>>>
>>> Thank you man!  Are you compiling with AIR?  If yes, any chance you
>>> could share an example pom.xml or zipped project example?
>>>
>>> Kind regards, adq

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/flex-mojos
>>>
>>> http://flexmojos.sonatype.org/

http://flexmojos.sonatype.org/