The problem is that usually the Air Version is tightly coupled with the
flex version. So as far as I know it's usually not possible to build Air
applications with other versions than the one shipped with the FDK. The
mavenizer now did a first step to decouple this. Unfortunately I never
built any Air applications therefore I didn't put much effort into this.
Flexmojos currently doesn't support all of the things the Air FDK would
generally support. I think most was with bundling Air application to run as
native applications on mobile devices. This will not work no matter how
good I do the deployment of the FDK. Velo had his FM Enterprise for this,
but as far as I know this project is dead.

What I am currently working on is a new plugin that will be built under the
hood of the Apache foundation. I doubt I will be adding new features to FM,
just fixing bugs that keep you guys from using FM.

If you have any trouble with the Air support which works in FM3, FM4 or FM5
it would be great if you could whip up a sample project and open an Issue
on https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/ and attach that project to the issue.
Then I could add this to the testsuite and work on getting the Air support
up to date. But keep in mind ... I'll only fix stuff that worked in earlier
versions of FM ... I will not implement native device support.

Chris