HI, Dale,

Thanks for the note!

Answers below:

> Have you tried connecting a 50 Ohm terminated BNC plug directly to the
> XVTX/COM and XVRX ports so that you don't have a piece of coax acting as
> a possible antenna? Do you still see the noise? Is it real noise, or are
> they spurs (does toggling 'SR' on PowerSDR change their position?)

I am sorry that I was not clear on this point.  The noise is only there
if coax is connected.  This is why I know that the source is external
to the Flex5000 and why I believe a lack of bandpass filtering of the
XVRX port explains the difference between the XVRX port and the other
two ports.  I never meant to imply that the signals were generated
within the Flex5000.  That is clearly not the case.

The spurious signals ARE changed in frequency by toggling "SR" on and
off.  I have added appropriate images to my webpage showing this
frequency change at the bottom of the webpage whose URL I previously
posted.  I have added a total of 4 images.  These include PowerSDR
images of the noise with SR on and off, and with the FT1000MP [whose
antenna ports are connected to nothing except for a dummy load] on and
off:

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/flex5000-xvrx.htm

I got rid of another two spikes in the XVRX spectrum when I turned off
the external Yaesu FP-29 switching power supply for the FT1000MP.  I
didn't post a picture of that.

Roger Rehr
W3SZ
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz