----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Buckle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Multiplayer Server RFC -- Current Status

> > in
> > > >
> > > In that case, some kind of framework should be built so that the
plug-in
> > > could run on a seperate machine if needed.
> >
> > um ?? for code/data local to an a/c instance ?? remoting that would slow
> > down the response time to realtime events
> >
> For virtual cockpits, you're correct.  however, when you're working with a
> physical cockpit, you need to have your displays on separate physical
> hardware.
>
> If the simulation reacts within 150ms of the real thing, you're still good
> for Class D anyway.  150ms is an eternity for most computers.
>
> Even on a 10BaseT network you should be ok

whoa whoa whoa !!! thats more slaving the kb/mouse/stick inputs to an
exterernal source, and feeding out info that would normally drive the
panel/hud -- arent there native_ctrls/native_fdm/native_gui  that handle
that ?? (though I would be much happier seeing that handled completely
seperate from any network multiplayer -- i.e. a plugin cockpit i/o module,
as you could have a physical cockpit sim driven by FG hooked into a network
multiplayer server)