Alex Romosan wrote:

"Vivian Meazza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

In which case we could standardise, if standardise we must for minor
controls, on j/J/CTRL J for jettison, and k/K for spoilers. We will
soon run out of keys unless we are careful.

any capital letter requires both hands so it makes it hard to use it
while you fly. i like the two lower case letters for the spoilers so i
can extend and retract the spoilers as i wish when i come in for
landing (probably a habit acquired flying gliders).

Huh? I can type any capital letter on my qwerty keyboard left handed, and I am a horrible typist and quite clumsy when it comes to buttons.

actually, if you want to use lower/upper case combination s/S would be
ideal (let's move the swap panels to something else. let "s" stand for
spoilers).

--alex--

I do agree that if you have something that turns on and off you should use the same key to do it, with a modifier such as shift, and that you should try and standardise whether shift means on or off. Also, what happened to the idea of reserving the ctl key for functions specific to a particular model?

Josh