* [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- Tuesday 17 February 2004 03:55:
> One question, why don't we use lower case g key for "gear up" and for "gear
> down"?
> Why do we also need the upper G key?

We had a gear toggle button before, for a very long t ime. And it
sucked (IMHO). Toggle buttons do only make sense if you can clearly
see/hear/feel if the property is on or off.
   What do you do if you flew half an hour and do now want to land?
Hit a toggling "g" key once and assume (hope) that the gear goes down?
What if you had accidently lowered the gear already minutes ago and
you are now actually retracting? Happy landing! Or do you suggest to
go to chase view to verify? Not all aircrafts have gear indicator
lights. Or open the property browser and check /controls/gear/gear-down?
    Now I can simply press G and there's no doubt that this is
supposed to lower the gear. I can even press it twice, to be sure.

> In this case we could use the upper G key for something else.

Let's see ... the life of hundreds of (virtual) 747 passengers ... or
a saved G key ... hmm ...  ;-)

m.

PS: Yes, the toggled parking brake sucks, too! I did already touch
    down with parking brakes on! ... poof ...