I have an application here where I need (a) to build with glut/freeglut and (b) I need to go full screen with no window decorations or portions of the desktop visible.

(a) I need to run this on a multiheaded system and SDL completely blanks and locks out the second display when you run fullscreen. (b) this is for a full cockpit flight simulator so the only thing I want to see in the display monitors is the FG imagery.

In the past with Debin and Glut, specifying --enable-game-mode has always worked for me as expected. But now I'm trying to do the same thing with freeglut-2.2.0 and Fedora Core 4. No matter what --geometry=WxH and --bpp=D values I specify, I always get a 640x480 window with a window title and a portion of the desktop visible.

Is gamemode just broken in freeglut-2.2.0? Has anyone had this working with freeglut? I would have thought we would get a lot of complaints if something this basic didn't work?

Thanks,