Hi Arnt,

Arnt Karlsen schrieb:
> ..in precisely that process, building a new GVAC Cape Verde out of
> your VMap1 data and then KOSH, I am trying to get TerraGear built:
> http://80.239.32.252/terrorgear.configure.fails  ,   and post with
> message-id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

I'll try to have a look at it ASAP. Sorry, for not answering earlier,
sometimes I'm reading flightgear-devel in a hurry and even Terr_a_Gear
;-) posts seem to go under my radar. Mind you: In the olden times, when
TerraGear required nurbs++ as a dependency, building TerraGear was even
more a hassle than it is now.

Currently, the address you provided does not seem to be reachable...

BTW: I have done a build of Cape Verde and it took me about 300MB
(shapefiles+workdir+final scenery, but not including necessary SRTM
downloads). Martin's shapefiles extend further than the region required
for the actual islands, so I enforced a smaller boundary rectangle on
building. The result is available on
ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_rag/cape_verde-20060526.tar.bz2

To all: I have a Makefile available building plib, SimGear, FlightGear,
TerrorGear+dependencies, fgsd and TaxiDraw, at least under Linux. I
don't know whether it is in good shape - haven't checked compiling fgsd
for a while and I have to check whether I distribute anything that
should go with it - but I can make it available if anybody is
interested. I also have a Perl script doing all my scenery builds, which
is able to build both based on our custom-scenery.org-style category
files as well as Martin's current shapefile nomenclature. If you want
them, you can have them, but they come without any warranty to work on
your box.

Please don't expect me to put this up earlier than this evening
(UTC+2h). Now that I mentioned it, I can't think of any good reason why
I didn't put this online earlier anyway %-)

Cheers,
Ralf