Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  Would your solution allow me to manually control what
might be thousands or aircraft?

I haven't looked into the multiplayer protocol yet because I am just using the
standalone exe on my pc.  Would I be correct in thinking that I would implement
the following:

A "virtual" client (perhaps a thread) for each aircraft that connects to the
multiplayer server as a computer-controlled "player".  Then I would connect to
the server myself and perhaps fly around manually so I can see the other
aircraft?

Thanks again,

Barry.