On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, leee wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 Mar 2010, Martin Spott wrote:
>> leee wrote:
>>>
>>> This is exactly the sort of think I'd hope to see at the end of
>>> the transition/notification period and just before the default
>>> behaviour was changed, so that any outstanding occurrences
>>> could be looked into.
>>
>> In a continuous process of improving FlightGear there's no point
>> in keeping an 'undesired' (or, in some cases even a buggy)
>> feature as being the default just because some unknown 3rd party
>> software _might_ depend on it.
>> If people don't feel like moving on with the times then they're
>> free to use old versions of software. If they'd like to stay
>> current, then they're going to adjust their 3rd party stuff
>> accordingly.
>>
>> It's as simple as that,
>>
>>      Martin.
>
> Aha, so all the aircraft that have been developed for FG, and
> without which FG would be pretty pointless (unless you only ever
> want to fly the C-172) are just "unknown 3rd party stuff" now then?

Do you deliberately twist what people say just so you have something to
argue about?

How many times does it need to be explained to you that the system
involved is explicitly designed to prevent unwanted behavior?  If there is
something out there that is broken because of the limits imposed, then
it's not FlightGear's problem.  The designer did it wrong.  They need to
fix it.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007