> Tuomas,
>
> I can say for certain that YASim does not model TIT, and I believe
> JSBsim doesn't either, though there seems to be a stub for TIT
> modeling which may be where that property comes from. Someone please
> correct me if I'm wrong about JSBsim and TIT. A developer may have
> written custom code to model turbine inlet temp for a specific model,
> but I'm not aware of any examples.
>
> I'm currently working on a project that aims to handle multi-cylinder
> temperature reporting and yield results good enough to at least teach
> the concepts of best power/best economy and LOP operations.
> Unfortunately my effort doesn't yet model turbocharged engines.
>
> Since you're using the JSBsim-based Seneca II, you might want to
> consider working with JSBsim to add the necessary modeling for TIT, if
> it doesn't already exist. You might try posting on the JSBsim forum on
> this topic, as someone may already be developing this.
>
> -Gary aka Buckaroo

You can implement pretty much anything you want to as a function in an
engine specification or a system in JSBSim, as long as the variables that a
function depends on are publicly available. Ask on the JSBSim list. I don't
have time to answer now, but maybe someone else can. Or, I can provide an
example and discussion later tonight - maybe.

Jon