On Tuesday 06 December 2011 07:39:48 Torsten Dreyer wrote:
t.

> Ron Jensen is the master of the JSBSim piston engine code. IIRC he has
> the supercharger model on his backlog, maybe TIT will be part of his
> solution..

The current supercharger code is old, and strictly RPM based, and I don't have
a good solution.

The EGT calculations changed slightly in the last (2.5) release, and will
change again (already in git) in the next release, so they may be more
accurate to use as a base for TIT.

As I understand it, TIT is exhaust gas temperature measured before the turbo
and EGT is exhaust gas temperature measured after the turbo, so TIT will be
higher than EGT. The temperature difference should be somewhat proportional
to the boost ratio. The more boost being produced, the higher the
back-pressure in the turbine impeller, and higher pressure implies higher
temperature.

Ron