> Yeah, maybe one could do this with nasal, some educated guesswork
> etc.. As long as everything is working normally, it should follow
> other engine parameters and ambient air properties, I guess.
Hi Tuomas,

neither yasim nor jsbsim model TIT, unfortunately. Some nasal or
property-rules might simulate a sane behaviour.

>> I'm currently working on a project that aims to handle multi-cylinder
>> temperature reporting and yield results good enough to at least teach
>> the concepts of best power/best economy and LOP operations.
>> Unfortunately my effort doesn't yet model turbocharged engines.
> That is important stuff too, would be useful for me also. Actually it
> would be nice to have something like the EDM-800 gauge
> (http://www.jpinstruments.com/edm_800.html) to show the values.
> Unfortunately my skills with fg / nasal / programming are not very
> high, as I am more of a designer, but let me know if I can help with
> graphics. I am better with that stuff. :)
I once made a EDM700 for the ZivkoEdge540, if that helps. You can find
the Nasal code in
FGDATA/Aircraft/ZivkoEdge/Nasal/EDM700.nas and the model in
FGDATA/Aircraft/ZivkoEdge/Models/EDM700*

>> Since you're using the JSBsim-based Seneca II, you might want to
>> consider working with JSBsim to add the necessary modeling for TIT, if
>> it doesn't already exist. You might try posting on the JSBsim forum on
>> this topic, as someone may already be developing this.
> Good point.

Ron Jensen is the master of the JSBSim piston engine code. IIRC he has
the supercharger model on his backlog, maybe TIT will be part of his
solution..

Torsten