Le 29/12/2011 14:16, Mathias Fröhlich a écrit :
> Hi Erik,
>
> On Thursday, December 29, 2011 13:33:09 Erik Hofman wrote:
>> Setting compression to 'none' does speed up texture switching
>> considerably. Unfortunately there's little difference in switching from
>> internal to external view for the first time.
> Thanks.
>
> I do also see an initial frame drop on switching views with the f16. That is
> with or without textures that could be uploaded.
>
>> I do have read somewhere that generating mipmaps can also be slow for
>> some drivers (NVidia?) and the dds textures provided pre generated
>> mipmaps.
> That's probably what I wrote now several times.
> And over the time where I had different drivers installed on this current
> machine and over the machines that I had access to using an nvidia driver it
> looks like this being a problem.
this is the same here with fglrx driver, so not a particular driver
issue, but may be the mipmap generation?
for me as a multiplayer pilot, dds (with pregenerated mipmap) is the way
to go, as it provide me (with a luckily dds compliant driver) a better
flightgear experience with dds textures (materials and planes): smoother
flight, mp planes converted load faster, no more age to pass on external
view for the first time or change livery.

[...]

jano