Erik,

> On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 17:36 +0000, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Mathias
> > >
> > > I have checked in a change to flightgear to make the use of the
> compressed
> > > internal formats a starttime configuration option.
> > > I am still interrested if we have that hangs also with texture
> compression
> > > disabled and without providing precompressed dds textures?
> > >

> > Yes - good idea - I'm using that now - unfortunately my system was
> working
> > just fine before so it might be a little hard to see if there is any
> effect!
> > I'm not entirely clear what bug this fix is trying to solve.
>
> At least the bug where switching from internal view to external view
> cause a big 'pause' for the F-16. It also effects livery switching for
> the F-16.

The F16 is just excellent here. I get a slight pause on firest switching
from an internal to external view, but I expect that is the testure loading
for the first time. Thereafter it is as near instantaneous as you could
wish. Likewise livery changes.

Couple of small bugs - a USAF insignia seem to get left behind on the lower
wing surface when changing liveries and some errors:

 Property systems/hook/tailhook-cmd-norm is already defined.
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation:
'Pilot_int'
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation:
'Pilot_int'
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation:
'Pilot_int'

Some of the textures aren't properly aligned on the RNlAF-J015-demo livery

Overall an excellent experience! However, this is perhaps not a totally fair
test: I'm running Windows XP on a 128GB SSD, with a Core2 Quad and nVidia
GTX 260, so I would expect quick switching etc.

Vivian