Hi,

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:25:55 Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> For those interested, the technical background is as follows:
> - a Quadtree is used to ensure very fast culling of the buildings -
> based on the work that Tim Moore did for the forests.
> - a single 1024x1024 texture is used for all the buildings, minimizing
> the number of state changes on the GPU
> - all the buildings at the leaf of the quadtree are part of the same
> geometry, so the GPU can churn through it very quickly without having
> to change state.
That sounds like we are heading in the right direction.
Thanks!

Let me be somehow picky:
You are talking about having the houses in the same geometry, that's already
fine.
The next thing to care for is that they are also in a minimum amount of
osg::PrimitiveSet instances. That's about minimizing the amount of draw calls
that happen underneath. The best thing would be to have one single
*DrawElements instance doing the whole geometry in a single draw call.

Greetings

Mathias