Hi,

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:20:38 Clement de l'Hamaide wrote:
> I changed my technical solution in order to use the technical solution
> proposed by Mathias. I hope this git diff is more adapted :
> http://pastebin.com/30GD4ksE
This looks much better. And I think you agree that it is much simpler and
probably less error prone.

> As you can see the parser is ready, I have tested with modified STG file and
> it works. Now I just need to implement the ground elevation calculator. I
> have just a doubt about the variable "elev" I'm not sure that's is a good
> idea to send it as parameter since send change it in the function. Let me
> know what is wrong, how to improve this little change code.
>
> About the "ground elevation calculator" I think you are more able to create
> it because you know how to do. Personally I don't see how to adapt you
> fgelev because he is create for standalone program. In this way I think
> it's not really possible to adapt it for runtime program. Let me know if
> you accept to create this calculator.
Ok, I hope that nobody really picks that feature up except may be a few people
having their home grown stg files.

Especially I would strongly advise the scenery people doing the 'official
scenery' - whatever this means currently - not to use the agl based objects
for placement and instead precompute the mean sea level elevations instead.

The next advise would have been to look into osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor and
osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector and run this on top of the already loaded base
nodes.

I have some pending changes in this file here, so please forgive me if I
introduce a huger conflict with your local changes.
So the upside of this is that I really already implemented but not tested the
changes on top of what I had pending yesterday and provide agl based objects
with the next push.

BUT: Never complain that scenery loading takes a long time in ground level
computations! You have been warned!

Greetings

Mathias