I have done some test. Here is the result :

Nb of object                Without _AGL                With _AGL
             0                              20.4s
20.4s
         500                              21.4s
21.4s
      5 000                              21.6s
23.4s
    15 000                              24.0s                              29.9s
    30 000                              27.2s                              39.1s
  100 000                              52.1s                              95.6s

For information, TerraSync has 1 100 000 thus when I try to load 15 000 object
I tried to load 1% of the entire TerraSync database in at once. And with 100
000 it's 10% of the entire TerraSync database.
Of course it's not realist since objects are placed everywhere in the world in
this way 1 STG file can't contains 1% of the entire TerraSync database.

For example if the whole LOWI region (less than 4000 objects) was transformed
with _AGL the loading time will increase of less than 2 seconds. As LOWI is one
of the most advanced scenery it's a good comparison.

With these test I can conclude that the _AGL tag can increase the loading time
(and it's normal) but it's insignificant because FG doesn't load more than 5000
objects at once since tiles are loaded step by step.

Cheers,
Clément