Torsten Dreyer wrote:

> I can think of one scenario where the information "offset from ground
> aka AGL" is necessary. This is when the scenery gets recreated and the
> ground elevation changes. In that case, objects may float above or sink
> into the ground with a fixed altitude. IMHO, our scenery database needs
> to know about that offset to create the correct altitude for an object
> in the scenery.

The Scenemodels database stores these offsets where needed and we're
prepared to automatically adjust object elevations to the current
Terrain whenever required.  In fact we're actually doing this every
once in a while ....  so, if the model and/or object you submitted
several weeks or months ago looks really funny now (or in the near
future), you might have forgotten to tell us about the offset  :-)

Cheers,
        Martin.