On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:07:25 +0100, Geoff wrote in message
<1359655645.2578.10.camel@DELL02>:

> Hi Curt,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > I believe Fred intentionally chose to use
> > the same registry key from one version to the next.
>
> Ok, that's understandable... my last install was
> 2.8.0.4, but I wanted them separated... not over-written...
>
> But then not sure why not choose just C:\<PF>\FlightGear
> which is where an earlier version was put...
>
> But maybe you are right, if I uninstall the current
> FOUR(4) versions I have installed, it may choose just
> '/FlightGear/'...

..one of the things I suggested waaay back, before cmake, is:
>  On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:30:20 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
> <20090201213020.29336...@a45.fmb.no>:
>
> > On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:41:40 +0100, Melchior wrote in message
> > <200902011641.41...@rk-nord.at>:
> >
> > > * Curtis Olson -- Friday 30 January 2009:
> >
> > ..name caller idea from brlcad-7.14.0's ./configure --help:
> > Program names:
> > --program-prefix=PREFIX            prepend PREFIX to installed
> > program names
> > --program-suffix=SUFFIX            append SUFFIX to installed
> > program names
> > --program-transform-name=PROGRAM   run sed PROGRAM on installed
> > program names
> >
> > ..these differ from its path names:
> > Installation directories:
> >   --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent
> > files in PREFIX [/usr/brlcad]
> >   --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent
> > files in EPREFIX [PREFIX]

..if this is possible with cmake, you could put "all"
your binaries in the same tree and use names like e.g.
/usr/bin/arnt's-git-fgfs-with-wood-gasifier-in-the-An2
and /usr/bin/2.10-fgfs-with-charcoal-gasifier-in-the-An2
and use any combination of this and other name schemes
with distro packaging to keep things out of each others
way, e.g. most people might wanna keep e.g. fgfs-2.0,
fgfs-2.4, non-OSG-fgfs-2.4, fgfs-2.6, fgfs-2.8 and a
bunch of their latest FG-git builds handy, both for
user support and for their own reasons, e.g. to compare
new work with older builds.

> So please forget that I used the word 'forgot' ;=))
>
> > There is a "make" target in the flightgear top level ...
>
> And assume the 'make' target is $ make package, or
> $ make package_source which seem to be the only
> possible targets shown for $ make help
>
> But running the first with -n seemed only to do the
> binaries, no data, and the second seemed to only be
> regarding fg source, again not fgdata...
>
> So maybe I do not quite understand ;=((
>
> Regards,
> Geoff.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: