On 9 Apr 2013, at 20:18, Howard Rubin wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:17:31 -0700, Greg Ercolano <e...@seriss.com> wrote:
>>              unsigned n;
>>              XkbGetIndicatorState(d, XkbUseCoreKbd, &n);
>>              caps_state = (n & 0x01) == 1;
>
> That works perfectly, and even better, needs no timer. Test program below.

Hmm - might need to be careful though: didn't really work reliably for me, at
least not in a F17 VM.

I'm entirely prepared to believe that the VM is exacerbating the problem, of
course, but it does suggest that this might not be a 100% reliable fix, or that
at least some users will get caught out... Maybe...