Well ann, thanks for that lovely scenario;
but what i was suggesting was not that anyone had a responsibility to
hear anyone out but that it could in the long term provide a good deal of
inspiration and could end up being worth the time.

I by no means asserted that anyone should get raped in order to see
what they come up with during the endeavor, and I think the tone
of your response was absurdly confrontational. (I'm not sure if calling
for my rape is a violation of the fluxlist code of conduct, by the way.)

My post merely suggestive that, on the thread of transgression,
that that which we automatically censor, ignore, delete, can oftentimes
be dealt with in a creative manner, rather than to simply ignore,
delete, or censor it. You will note that my post dealt exclusively
with the value of threats and hang ups and though acknowledging
obscenity did not attempt to carry on about its glorious virtue.

But now perhaps I should. One person pornography is another persons
beautiful documentation of decay; I suggest to everyone on the list the
film "Henry Fool" to see what happens when things are treated as filth
on account of not understanding them....

Look at Burroughs, Kerouac, Neil Cassidy, Allen Ginsberg. The beats took
obscenity to a whole new level of art; perhaps the deterioration of the values
in america and the world will now form a new obscenity that of which
fluxlist will deem incapable of transmission and censor, censure and
moderate. While in fact I didn't even see the offending post and doubt it was
such an attempt at art, what would have happened if it was?

Look a little closer at the pile of dung, my friends, one never knows
how glorious the beetles inside it will be colored.