Josh:  an exellent idea!
        as you know, often books with "errata" made become collectors'
items (same with records--the pl vereity--as worked in record store svene
years and learned all kinds of obscyre lore along these lines--)

        i once placed pacards in large boodstor by the fiction saying: ALL
WORKS HERE ALL FALSE AND WILL SHORTLY BE WITHDRAWN

        this caused no end of confusion in the bookstore!

        rmber when Grantigans's TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA  used to be
placed in nature/ports sections?

        and so many of the works of the great Paul Metalf, beng
unclassifiable
for many--wound up in the oddest places also--

        when i fisrt got bitten by te bug for the obscue ad ut of the
way--boks i knew must exist yet knew not where to find except by chance or
word of moth of wonderful guidebooks like Henry Miller's THE BOOKS IN MY
LIFE--used to imagine a section for the "unwonted/unwanted" boks i
sought--srt of mass grouping of errata that had some how made it past
unwitting publishers, sleeping cnsors and the so called critics--

        the good part is that pehrpas this spurs one on to create such
wrks of one's own

        "errata" or the "erratic" (put by mistake in with the "eoricat"
section!)

        i dream of books made of nothing but misquotes, maplapropsism,
mangled cliches, errata,the most seemingly b alnd juxtaposd with the
horrific--in short, a kind of National Enquirer piece of "illiterature"!

        i think we shd begin eah in ur ways a mapaing for the dessimantion
of errata--

        by the introduction of such subtle shifts, on a mass and
surreptious scale--many an odd chamnge may begin to occur in the reception
of many a "serious" work . . . .

        --dave baptsite