I work for a large publishing house (as a production editor).  We publish
crap.  My, oh my, could I send you passages and pages from raw manuscript or
1st pass pages that would bring tears to your eyes.  And possibly other body
parts as well.

We publish a series of mystery novels in which the protagonist is a cat.
Mangled cliches are our stock in trade.