Actually, sounds like the invocation to the Four Quarters, or the Calling of the
Elements.
1. Face the North. Call the Spirits of the North.
2. Face the West. Call the Spirits of the West.
3. Face the South. Call the Spirits of the South.
4. Face the East. Call the Spirits of the East.
This form of ritual is ingrained in the subconcious of anyone from any culture- part
of the cultural/genetic memory. It has many parallels in many cultures, and the above
is only a simplified version.

--- Eryk Salvaggio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>Reminds me a bit of the REM video for "Stand."
>
>1. Stand in the place where you live.
>2. Now face North: Think about direction.
>3. Wonder why you haven't before.
>4. Stand in the place where you work.
>5. Now face West.
>6. Think about the place where you live.
>7. Wonder why you haven't before.
>

>Not too direct a connection to the song but kinda. :)
>

>Don Boyd wrote:
>>
>> LAST DAY OF SUMMER PERFORMANCE SCORE by Don Boyd, FLUXUS WEST, 2000
>>
>> 1. Step outside at noon today, September 21, 2000, if you can.
>>
>> 2. Look North, up to the sky, take a deep breath and say, "It was a
>> wonderful summer!"
>>
>> 3. Then turn and look East at the horizon, take a deep breath and say,
>> "Welcome Fall!"
>>
>> 4. Turn and look South at the ground, take a deep breath and say, "This is a
>> great day!"
>>
>> 5. Turn and face West, take a deep breath, look anywhere you want and say
>> what you want. Tkae your time, performance is over.

==
"When the last human has died, trees shall cover the earth."
"Man is the dream of the dolphin."

Get premier, free, fast, 6Mb web-based email at ---> http://www.nabou.com