On 01/16/2014 10:58 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> What I was thinking was evolving space travel.  If it is a physics
> engine, could it evolve warp drive?  Rockets?

It'd be fun to see rockets evolve. Should be possible; we understand the
physics involved. Warp drive -- well, if we simulate a universe in which
this works, it should be able to evolve. Or teleportation, etc...

There was a science fiction story I read years ago which involved plants
which had evolved teleportation. This proved so advantageous in
spreading their seeds to optimum locations, or having one part of the
plant located where it got sun and another part of the same plant
located at a good source of water , and so on, that most of the plant
life on this fictional planet ended up with some kind of ability to
teleport. (If anyone recognizes this story, and knows the title and
author, let me know -- I've long forgotten both)

Regards,

-Martin