Around 13 o'clock on Jun 29, Yao Zhang wrote:

>       if (covers_much_of (gb18030))
>               font supports simplified Chinese
>       if (covers_almost_all_of (Big5))
>               font supports traditional Chinese
>               font does not support simplified Chinese
>
> For a GB18030 font, since it covers much of GB18030 set, it suports
> simplified Chinese.  And is also covers almost all of BIG5, so it
> supports traditional Chinese too.  But now the algorithm excludes it
> from simplified Chinese support.  The last line is wrong.

Yes, I think the problem is that I'm using GBK for the test instead of
GB2312 -- I got the simplified coverage information from codepage 936 which
is based on GBK.

The fonts I have don't cover most of GBK, but do cover nearly all of
GB2312.

>       if (covers_almost_all_of (GB2312))
>               font supports SIMPLIFIED Chinese
>       if (covers_almost_all_of (Big5))
>               font supports traditional Chinese

Thanks, this works just fine.  I'm much happier with this solution.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab