Hi Nancy,

There seems to be a lot of confusion around here :-) And my own earlier
confusion about which version of FOP is affected by the change of the
default value for font-family didn’t help :-|

So please reset your memory, and let’s start again from the beginning.
Which version of FOP are you currently using? You can get it by running
‘fop -v’ on the command line (the first line of output).

Don’t use any FOP configuration file, don’t use any XSLT stylesheet
customization, just the plain default. What problem do you run into, if
any? Please reduce your source XML file to the strict minimum that still
shows the issue, and send us the XSL-FO file resulting from the XSLT
transformation. Then we can have a look at it and figure out what’s
wrong.

Thanks,
Vincent

nancy_b wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thanks for your response! So if I install FOP 0.95 from trunk, will it still
> issue the warnings?
>
> I don't understand what you mean by :
> ... is specified  as the first font (depending on which character/codepoint
> you want to
> render." In my XML file, I just specify the code of the Zapfdingbats symbol
> (in the above example, the phone symbol).
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Nancy
>

> Andreas Delmelle-2 wrote:
>> On 04 Jun 2009, at 10:15, nancy_b wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nancy
>>
>>> Thanks for your explanations. I think my version of FOP 0.95 does
>>> insert
>>> Symbol and Zapfdingbats into the font-family parameter - along with
>>> sans-serif. Apparently, my repository points to the trunk. Look:
>>>
>>> <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
>>> font-family="serif,Symbol,ZapfDingbats" font-size="12pt" text-
>>> align="start"
>>> line-height="normal" font-selection-strategy="character-by-character"