Hi Andreas,

It seems that getting FOP from the trunk is too complicated for me. When is
the next binary FOP version due to?

Regarding what you said about <fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve"> - I
have no idea how to translate this into XSL/XML.

Meantime, I did some other tests. Bob Stayton suggested the following
workaround for producing special characters:
<xsl:template match="symb...@role = 'symbolfont']">
  <fo:inline font-family="Symbol">
    <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
  </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

So I modified it by adding Zapfdingbats before Symbol, and used <symbol role
= 'symbolfont'>&#x260E</symbol> in my XML. Guess what, it did show the phone
symbol, but also converted my math symbol into scissors (rrrrrrr). So, I am
sick and tired of this -- the only way out is to wait for bugfix in FOP, am
I right?

Thanks for all your help!!!!
Nancy

Regards,