We second that emotion (I'll be 70 before I buy a '70 :-)....

We are currently in a similar situation trying to integrate some devices via an
OPC server, and looking at the 3rd-party approach as well.  I like the
"super-integrator" (CP60 with Ethernet comms) idea as well, although one of
those will probably never work for OPC.

We had I/O scan overruns on all 3 of our AB Integrator 30s.  I backed off the
scanning of most ABSCAN blocks on them to 2 secs or slower, which fixed the
problem on 2 of them, but not on the third.  I tried phasing out the points on
the third, but changing the phase caused the ABSCAN blocks to smurf, so we had
to punt on that (we sent a saveall to TAC and they were able to change phases
with no problem...sigh).  I can't understand the nature of the scan overruns, as
we are not scanning that many points.

It's too bad, really, because I like the transparency the Integrator provides.
The points appear to the operator just like a CP, so you don't have any training
issues - as you might, say,  with an all-HPM Honeywell TDC system with a PLC
Gateway.  But our crusty old PLC Gateways can scan hundreds of points per second
- to the bandwidth limit on the A-B DH+ - without problems.  Alas, I cannot say
that about Integrator 30s.

Corey Clingo
Sr. Engineer
BASF Corporation

"Stear, Bo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/14/2001 09:21:38 AM

Please respond to Foxboro DCS Mail List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>