On 2017-05-23 17:41, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2017-05-23 21:16, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
... and the code is lost :)

Not at all, I have about 20+ local branches in my fpGUI repository.
Some branches date back to 2009, 2010. Ideas I had, but lost
motivation, or they were simply an experiment (that could be useful at
some point). Just 2 days ago I revived a 5 year old branch and finally
completed the work.

But what happens with corrupted or failed hard drive on your personal computer? Do you have any backups or is this local git work only on one personal hard drive that could fail at any time?

Sorry, I've just had too many hard drives fail on me... so many fail that it's almost as if someone was doing it on purpose to me.

Do you make some backups on a usb stick or some server elsewhere no one can see?