marcov wrote on Tue, 10 May 2016:

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
As to the original question: most RTL routines don't care about what
the default code page is of ansistrings. Of the ones that do, most
have been adapted to deal with changing the default ansistring code
page (http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_Unicode_support#RTL_changes ).
There is one notable set of exceptions that is not adapted in 3.0 (and
incompletely in current trunk): SysUtils.ExecuteProcess() and related
the TProcess() class.

ExecuteProcess is in trunk since late march.

It is fairly self contained and could be merged to 3.0.2 technically.

I mentioned that it is in trunk, but it's incomplete: it does not translate the command line arguments to the code page of the environment in which the child is started, which means that the child may wrongly interpret these parameters. And it's definitely not something for 3.0.2 as far as I'm concerned, even with such fixes.

Jonas