On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM,  <nore...@z505.com> wrote:
> Exe is a security hazard that could barf up a person's hard drive instantly
> or create viruses..

I understand these security reasons and I agree, of course...
But this Exe that I am talking about should be installed for all
machines that want use the system so, won't be a problem for security.

> ActiveX is indeed the closest thing to it, as it is like a program that is
> run from the browser, but in some kind of sandbox that does not allow it to
> do too much damage, although someone probably found a security issue with it
> and wrote a virus maybe years ago..

Unfortunatelly I think either Chrome doesn't use it or there are some
restrictions... and they can cut off — if still working — in the
future, I don't know.
I would like to use something simpler, that doesn't depends of
Microsoft's stuff.

I'm still thinking on these options:

1. NativeMessaging:
https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/nativeMessaging

2. to make an app that will be a local web server, after the user has installed.
The web real app could make requests to http//localhost and have a
communication between them.