Adam Bolte <abo...@systemsaviour.com> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 07:39:57AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
>> Is there anything you know of similar to fetchmail? I currently am using
>> fetchmail + notmuch.
>
> If offlineimap isn't your thing, getmail looks like it'll do the job, at
> least at a glance.

Looks like instructions are here:

http://www.bytereef.org/howto/oauth2/getmail.html

I recently moved from getmail to fetchmail, guess I should move back
again and try getmail again.

I notice the instructions say "The resulting setup is not more secure
than a regular getmailrc with 0600 permissions." - which is no surprise
really.

I can understand Google not wanting user's to authenticate to IMAP with
their standard username/password, but if it is true that application
specific passwords won't work either, that seems excessive to me.

I have a user who is using gmail with Outlook 2007. They might be
affected more so then me. I have told said user they will need to
upgrade to Outlook 2019 or Office 365, or use gmail from the website, it
looks like Outlook 2007 does not support OAUTH from what I can tell.
--
Brian May <br...@linuxpenguins.xyz>
https://linuxpenguins.xyz/brian/