usul schrieb:
> Uli,
>
> I bought  ORiNOCO Classic Gold PC Card.
> http://www.orinocowireless.com/products/wifi/client/goldpccard/index.html
> I know wireless is a risk but I checked in the documentation it had
> dos and linux drivers :)
> and I downloaded the ISO with all of that on it.

Well, wlan is nice but... Only 1 mbit and are you sure you can encrypt
it with something secure like wpa or do you have a hotspot anyway?

Note that many internal network cards in modern computers still have
some compatible packet driver, just need to find it.

> the iso has
> several directories
> \driver
> \ODI
> \packet
>
> Just not sure how to set it up.
>
> I want to,
>
> ftp, telnet, browse the web with arachne, SVN when I port the
> commandline client. etc.

This will be easy after the packet driver is working. For most simple
things like arachne you just need the packet driver to work and dhcp at
your router (mostly is default).

> Copy files from my windows network at home would be nice, but that
> would take secondary

Then you need msclient, a memory hog. Dunno if novel netware is
compatible but I rather think them implemented their own thing.

> to the ftp and telnet.
>
> Are there any telnet and programs for freedos?

Someone else need to answer, there is sshdos.

> I am assuming that wget
> is the ftp.

wget is for http(s) and ftp(s?) download

> Oh and I would probably want to be able to read and post to newsgroups
> and this mailing list.

You can check
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.Browsers
and see what you like.

> But I can do that from another pc that i usually have next to me. but
> it would be nice to have a complete evironment.

> lots of stuff in there and I am unsure of what is what. I have been
> spoiled by windows and linux LOL.
> I see alot of things on the web links for PPP etc. Things that sound
> familiar, but I no longer remember what they are.

ppp is for dial up.