usul schrieb:
> But I can do that from another pc that i usually have next to me. but
> it would be nice to have a complete evironment.

And I have forgotten to say...

You are most likely much faster with browsing the web and mailing if you
use a modern computer, modern multi tasking operating system and a
modern browser / mail client. Sure it's a matter of taste, saying that
on a DOS list is much leaning out of the window.

I mostly boot to DOS and use Arachne for a quick research on the
internet and if I think that booting Windows / Linux takes longer then
the whole online session. Often I get bugged up by missing SSL support,
slow speed and slow rendering and messed up websites so that I end up
starting grub.exe, getting a coffee and booting Windows.

Rather I would also say that you can develop way faster when using Linux
/ Windows most of the time and DOS in a emulator. Imho it's even more
effective if you use a modern IDE.

regards,
-mr