I have made a large round of improvements to the FTP server in mTCP and
I am looking for a little testing help with it.  If you have a few spare
moments over the next day or two just try to connect to it and browse
the file structure.  Using a few different clients will help me shake
out any new bugs.  Upload some relevant files if you are adventurous.

It can be reached at ftp://96.42.66.188:2021/ - if you are using a
browser that URL should work as-is.  For command line clients just take
note of the non-standard port number.  The FTP server is running on the
slowest machine that I have, which is a PCjr; it if runs well on that,
it will run well on anything you probably have.  (If you want to see the
actual machine it is running on look at THISPCJR.JPG in the root directory.)

Changes for this version include:

- scanning for valid drive letters at startup to avoid errors when
touching floppy drives
- a major rework of directory handling if you are not an anonymous
user.  Drive letters now look like part of a normal Unix path so that
the smarter FTP clients don't get confused by the drive letters and path
delimiters.
- The flow control problem with FileZilla is now understood and fixed
- The wrong file date problem with FileZilla is fixed
- There is a new "message of the day" feature for putting up special
notices at login time
- The local user interface is redesigned and little more friendly
- Better error checking on the password file

All if this will be part of the next mTCP release, which I'm targeting
for the next week.  Getting some testing time on it is a good thing ...

Thanks in advance,
Mike