On USB with DOS, I can read and write a USB stick with FAT32 file system, but
it is treated as a fixed disk.  USB stick must be in the port to be recognized,
and if I remove and replace a USB stick, the new one won't be recognized.  This
is through the BIOS/UEFI rather than an add-on DOS driver.

On older computer that couldn't boot from USB on its own, it booted with PLoP,
but if it was a DOS (I only tried FreeDOS, never any other DOS on USB), it was
read-only after boot.  That is a limitation of PLoP's DOS USB support.

I did try other DOS USB drivers, but no success, am not inclined to venture
further.

If I needed a DOS for professional purposes, I'd go with FreeDOS, have long
given up on MS-DOS (6.22) and DR-DOS (7.03).

Tom