On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 11:44:02AM -0500, Alan DeKok wrote:
> stuartc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No it has to be done above....Send a request one ip and get a response
> > from one of two different masters... so I could infact send a request to
> > one master and get a response from there other, there is no way round it.

>   I'm *amazed* that this works for any other RADIUS server which uses
> their "services".  Do the other servers really allow responses from
> *any* IP address?

Is this a good time to inquire whether Freeradius CVS fixes the bug
where the server doesn't set the source address in its response packets,
causing problems if radiusd is running on a server with multiple IP
addresses? :)

It may actually be fixed in 0.4 for that matter, I don't know; we ran
into problems with earlier versions because the Linux kernel was
choosing a different 'best' address to use when replying.  Particularly
an issue for us because we're in the middle of transitioning out of an
IP address block.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer