  From: Nicholas Thompson
  To: Carl Tollander
  Cc: Friam@redfish.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [FRIAM] flocking windmills

  Sorry, everybody.  What I meant to write was, "Wait a blithering moment!!!",
suggesting,  at least,  that the metaphor between bunching up cyclists and
bunching up windturbines was backwards.  Don't you WANT your turbines to "feel"
the "headwind"?

   Of course I am wrong about this, but I sure would like to understand why.

  Nick

  Nicholas S. Thompson
  Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Ethology,
  Clark University (nthomp...@clarku.edu)
  http://www.cusf.org [City University of Santa Fe]