From an author's perspective:

1. By downloading a pirated copy, you lower the number of books a library will
purchase which does cost the author.
2. Having a permanent copy has some value over a library book for many people.

Ed

Ed Angel

Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico

1017 Sierra Pinon
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-984-0136 (home)                     an...@cs.unm.edu
505-453-4944 (cell)                             http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel