JavaScript is sorta lisp with braces.  Seriously, Brendan Eich the JS
creator, had 2 weeks to build the scripting language for Netscape in the
early '90s.  So he came up with a version of Scheme.

The bosses all said "yuk, we want a real language, you know like C and
Java!" .. go fetch another rock.  So he just built a Scheme with braces!

   -- Owen