"But most people are driven by a dynamic complex of competing agendas,
including the kinds of conflict Steve asks about in his honor/oath
question.  Snowden, like
O'Keefe, _seems_ to me to be absent any interesting complex of agendas."

A contrary view is that only young people have a clear enough view of
things to act this way.  Old timers like me rationalize their fears,
inhibitions, constraints, and coping strategies as a proxy for wisdom.
Worse, we may point to the collective wisdom as better than an informed
individual's analysis.  Same thing as authoritarianism.

Marcus

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web