<<For Williams to mistake an accusation of systemic racism for an accusation of
_personal_ racism demonstrates that those of us who do work on complex systems
(including cybernetics, systems science, evolutionary systems, etc.) have
failed to communicate that attributes of the whole are not attributes of the
parts.>>

They are attributes of the parts.   These parts have failed to recognize their
own corruption and participation in implicit bias, and it is on them, not
`elites' to `educate' them on how to think.

My last two cars have been relatively expensive hybrid cars made in Michigan.
All things being equal, I was happy to support American innovation.  Now, I
hope I can afford to buy my next car from a California-based company like
Tesla.   Otherwise I'll look to the global market and pay the tariffs.    I
probably would have bought a Bolt, but now I will wait.

Marcus