I think I agree with Ed.
I've had epic rants about what boils down to a few things as a biger
picture problems:
Peoples Maslows being messed with
Stuff getting to gloopy
Stuff being made overly complicated
To little simple joy
Aholery.

In other words: where's star fleet, picard and kirk when you need them

I get pissed off at those problem because strike uncofortably close to home
for me. I have a nice appartment fam lets use and may let me rent
eventually. Part of my end of the bargain is when I get work to cover bills
and as dad puts it manage the problems.

Their is a instagram meme making the rounds saying:
What's wrong with this picture:Americans don't do on the job training for
people to put stuff on shelves or pay them well., then want them to have a
physics PHD, 10 years of experience to get started.  But don't mind a
unstable xenophobic, racist,  man with no political experience as president.

I am experiencing some of the problems Ed has nailed. Fortunatly for me
(some) of my skills are transferable. I genuinly like some parts of tech
support, I think it's fun.
Santa Fe has only 5 temp agencies (for example), those (can) make getting
back into work much simpler because their is no risk for anyone. Kelly
Services  just couldn't keep up work and moved to Albquerky(sp), and even
then acording to them they're bairly getting acounts.
Indeed.com and craig's list NM are crap shots

I've had people from indeed say they simply don't have the time or money
anymore to do on the job traning or they'd hire me that day.