Glen -

I think I agree with this spirit...  and the invocation of a high-dimensional (but finitely so) landscape is not only the constraints we live in, but in some sense the ones we *choose* to live in?   I think excess/sloppy meaning might be another term for a local/temporary increase (or exchange) of dimensionality, effectively lowering the thresholds between basins?

In anthropological terms I think we are in "shaman" territory (the perspective/insight to selectively shift the dimensions around for the group as-needed)?  Also maybe the point of psychedelic/entheogenic substances?  We are reading Pollan's "How to Change your Mind" at the moment.

Well, *if* one is constrained to inhabiting attractors to begin with, then a mechanism for hopping between attractors is a "good thing". But I'd argue that this is a mere band-aide, treating the symptom rather than the cause. The real disorder is the tendency to inhabit attractors ... or perhaps the intensity with which one gets trapped in such ruts. There seems to be a tyranny of specialization ... "siloization". If I have any hope for LLMs, it's to remove the burden of depth and free us up for more breadth ... or at least those of us wealthy enough to use LLMs. Let them eat cake.